Sunday, February 21, 2010

A very long winter

There has been snow, clouds and gray on the ground and in the air since Christmas Eve. And again today, there is snow, ice and gray.

I am grateful everyday for the state of bliss I am currently living in because if not for that, I'd probably be suicidal from the very long winter.

I gave a eulogy last week for a man I'd known about 14 years. He was a retired professor and I met him and his wife through a political party. I love this couple. I am always laughing when I am with them. We frequently shared large doses of irony and cynicism. However, my eulogy mainly spoke of his optimism. He was far more optimistic than I and at the end of the eulogy, I pledged to try to be more optimistic.

But the drudge of this winter.....

Truthfully, though, I have had a delightful winter and due to the joy in my heart, I may have to change the title of my blog to "Congruous and Optimistic" which is not nearly as fun.

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Hang in there Carrie. A long winter sounds nice to me . . .